Community

Join our global learning community to make connections and learn together!

Notifications
Clear all

About me

TaoTao
(@taotaolgegehotmail-com)

Hello everyone, hope you are all well in this challenging year.

My name is Chunyan, but my friends call me TaoTao, it’s much easier to pronounce even in Chinese. Aha, I just realized that it seems like everyone prefers to choose the easy way. I come from shanghai, China.

Honestly, I didn’t have a strong motivation in learning English in the past, so I learn English every now and then. But this situation has been changing recently. I’ve been watching a TV program these days, which is called” The Repair Shop”, I am very touched by this program. And it has been inspiring my dream and my passion on starting a business likes that in my country in the future. I’ve got a plan in my mind. For now, the first step is to learn English hard because it will help me to communicate confidently with those people who are related to this busyness. It’s quite an essential ability.

This is my story about the motivation of learning English. And I hope I can find more partners to help each other improving our English.

And I’ve been listening few different podcasts, to me, Michael’s podcast is by far the best one. I believe , I’ll improve quickly with Michael’s help.  

Thank you very much, Michael!

Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2021 8:52 pm
Momo Mo
(@momomo)
English Learner

Wow TaoTao I am very inspired by your dream as well! And to be honest your English is fairly good! This is Momo and I am a Chinese teacher in the UK. Very nice to meet you here and maybe we can be language partner too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 10:59 pm
TaoTao liked
Michael Lavers
(@levelupenglish)
Member Admin

Hi TaoTao! (I hope you don't mind me using your 'easy' name 🙂 ) 

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome! I haven't heard of The Repair Shop before but I'll check it out. Pretty soon we'll be starting group lessons here on the website, so maybe you can join them if you're free and practice your communication skills. Either way, good luck with your practice!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 5:24 pm
TaoTao liked
TaoTao
(@taotaolgegehotmail-com)

@momomo Hi Mono, I am really sorry that I reply you so late. I've just seen the red ring bell that I realize there may be some information for me. This is the first time I join a community. I am still studying it. 

I am really willing that we can be language partner. Please let me know how.  😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2021 8:07 pm
Scroll to Top