Community

Join our global learning community to make connections and learn together!

How to Improve Writ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to Improve Writing Skills

Mori
 Mori
(@mori)

Hello teacher,
I'm a new member I just sign up five minutes ago. However, I'm not a new listener to your podcast, that I found it one of the amazing podcasts. and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT.

my question is about the writing skill how to improve it? I tried to write about open question but I always struggle whereas I can't expressing.

thank you and forgive me for any mistake I made. 🙂  

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Michael Lavers
Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2021 1:21 pm
Michael Lavers
(@levelupenglish)
Member Admin
Posted by: @mori

Hello teacher,
I'm a new member I just sign up five minutes ago. However, I'm not a new listener to your podcast, that I found it one of the amazing podcasts. and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT.

my question is about the writing skill how to improve it? I tried to write about open question but I always struggle whereas I can't expressing.

thank you and forgive me for any mistake I made. 🙂  

Hi Mori, thanks so much for joining Level Up English. Great to have you here 🙂 I'm really happy you like the podcast too.

Have you listened to episode 99 about writing? If not, I recommend that one because I try to summarise my advice there. I'm also considering starting a writing course on the website in the future too.

In my opinion, improving your writing is much simpler than speaking or listening, but it does take some time. My current advice is to develop a daily writing practice in a format that's enjoyable for you (eg. diary, social media, blog...) The writing will be a great place to practice things you've learnt recently. Try to make an effort to use more difficult structures rather than using the same words each time. This is partly why it's also a good idea to have a daily reading practice too. You can use what you learn from reading to practice improving your writing. 

Another thing that can help is getting corrections. This isn't essential, but it's nice if you can find someone to correct your writing or you can use Grammarly (although it's not perfect). 

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them below too! But I hope this advice helps you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 9:17 pm
Scroll to Top