A life hack is a way to make life easier using small, simple but effective tips. In this episode, I want to share some of my favourite life hacks that I implement in my life and also share some hacks to improve your English and studies. I’ll do my best to include some good English vocabulary too.
My Personal Life Hacks
- Stow your phone in your backpack when walking
- Put your alarm clock on the other side of the room
- Turn off all phone notifications
- Dedicate a shelf or specific place for your phone
- Make your bed!
- Rather than scooping up food waste to put in the bin, put aside a separate bowl for food waste
- Roll clothes to avoid creases
- Map out a meal plan
- Pencil in relaxation time for your schedule
- Don’t stock unhealthy snacks in your cupboards
English Study Hacks
- Have the same habit to study each day – don’t rely on motivation
- Noise-cancelling headphones for distractions
- You’re 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud
- Complete the hardest tasks first
- Talk a walk every day
Some of the harder vocabulary I mentioned in this episode.
- Hack – a strategy or technique for managing one’s time or activities more efficiently.
- Stow – To pack or store something somewhere
- Crease – Lines in folded clothes
- Orderly – Tidy, neat
- To scoop – To pick up and move something
- To map out – To make a plan for something
- Pencil in – To add something to your schedule or calendar
- To stock – To keep something in the cupboard