As a child who grew up with sci-fi movies and games, I always dreamt about how cool it would be to live in the future, and now I realise we actually do!
Today I’m going to talk about some of my predictions for the future and also use some words to describe the chance of that happening.
Verbs: To predict, to envision, to foresee, to forecast, to anticipate
Below are words that talk about the chance of something happening (eg. likely to unlikely)
100% chance: bound to happen, will happen, certain to happen
80% chance: strong likelihood of happening, likely to happen, good chance of happening
10% chance: I doubt it will happen, unlikely to happen, no chance of happening
Other Vocabulary & Expressions
To take with a grain of salt – To not believe 100% of what someone says
AI – Artificial Intelligence (smart robots)
To emulate – To copy, to mimic
To augment – To add to something to improve it
Cyborg – A mix between a human and a robot
My Predictions for the Future
- I envision that AI will become more prevalent (common), but I have some doubts we will have AI that looks like humans.
- I can’t foresee flying cars being commonplace because of the danger of crashes, pollution, noise, and the trend for pedestrianisation). I think there’s no chance of this happening. I think there’s a strong likelihood that there will be more underground tunnels.
- Technology implanted inside peoples’ bodies is inevitable. I anticipate that this will take a while. It’s very likely that people will augment their bodies with technology and become cyborgs.
- I forecast that all paramedics will have jetpacks (see video here)
- Physical money will be phased out.
- I envision that things will get better.
What are your predictions for the future?