How to be Happy
Today I’m going to go over some advice on how to bring more happiness into your life. I will also sandwich in some good synonyms so you can avoid using the word ‘happy’ and say more advanced words instead.
How to be Happy
- Practice gratitude – Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have
- Exercise – even if you don’t feel like it
- Get enough sleep! (I’m talking to myself here too!)
- Get out in nature and breathe
- Create the environment you want to be surrounded by
- Plan happy things such as meetings with friends, or a weekend away
- But also focus on the moment – take 5 minutes to breathe and focus on the beauty around you
- Do something that scares you
- Take a break from the news
- Grateful – Feeling happy and thankful for what you have in life
- Content (adjective) – satisfied, everything is fine, no problems, chilled out
- Over the moon – Really really happy
- Joyful (adjective) – filled with joy and happiness
- At ease – To feel relaxed, no problems
- On the horizon – Something that’s coming in the near future
- Ecstatic – Extremely happy
- On top of the world – Very happy
- Overjoyed – Really happy (slightly more formal)
What do you do when you’re feeling down?
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up
2 thoughts on “#119 Learning How to be Happy”
Very good podcast, as usually. I think it’s good to talk about more general topics, but you organise and talk about the others very good as well.
I agree with almost all your advices about how to be happy, but I have to highlight 1, 4 and 9.
Thanks for listening and (hopefully) enjoying! I’m glad you like the format of the podcasts and I appreciate the feedback 🙂