The Reason Why
Douglas Oliveira (English4Reason) kindly joined me on the podcast for a casual conversation about language learning, but more specifically we spoke about passion and finding your purpose in life, or your ‘Why’. It was an inspiring and motivational chat and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.
Douglas also has his own podcast, The Reason Why, where he interviewed me about my ‘Why’. Definitely check that out too.
- 0:21 – Intro
- 2:37 – Who is Doug?
- 5:56 – About Doug’s Teaching and Academy
- 13:21 – The Reason Why
- 17:31 – Doug’s “Why”
- 23:30 – How can people find their ‘why’
- 31:29 – Where can people find passion?
- 37:57 – Adjusting your tastes and likes
- 48:49 – Where to find Doug
Vocabulary & Expressions
- Delve into (0:58) – To research something deeply
- To be on the same page (5:42) – To agree with someone or be the same as someone
- To go hand in hand (10:12) – Two things that match together well
- To walk the walk (12:37) – To do the things that you talk about
- To coin (29:16) – To invent a new word or phrase
Where to Find Doug
Whenever you remove the aspect of language learning, grammar and difficulties in learning and communicating in a language, you reduce the level of stress.
Hours, dedicated hours that you devote to something you want to be good at, this is the secret.
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up