In this week’s podcast episode, I spoke with Eman. She is an English learner from the Kurdish region of Iraq and we spoke about her experience learning English. She gave some great advice!
Below is a summary of what she said.
– Never lose hope
– You have to struggle to succeed
– Find a partner (even if they are not a native speaker, they might have great English)
– Don’t worry about your mistakes
– Good English is meaningless if you don’t have the courage to use it
– Create a routine where you practice speaking every day (preferably to a partner, or even just in a mirror to yourself)
In the podcast I apologised for putting her on the spot. This means I put her under pressure to answer a difficult question.