In this week’s podcast episode, I spoke with Eman. She is an English learner from the Kurdish region of Iraq and we spoke about her experience learning English. She gave some great advice!
Below is a summary of what she said.
– Never lose hope
– You have to struggle to succeed
– Find a partner (even if they are not a native speaker, they might have great English)
– Don’t worry about your mistakes
– Good English is meaningless if you don’t have the courage to use it
– Create a routine where you practice speaking every day (preferably to a partner, or even just in a mirror to yourself)
– Read stories and learn new words
In the podcast I apologised for putting her on the spot. This means I put her under pressure to answer a difficult question.
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up
6 thoughts on “#15 Interview with a Kurdish English Learner”
Hello thank you for this podcast
The Transcript doesn’t work
Thanks for listening!
The transcript for the earlier episodes will work on computer, but perhaps not on phone. Later on I changed the format and it should be better. I may go back and fix the old ones at some point though
Wow her Engilish is already getting improved over this review!!
I’m glad you think so! She did great, didn’t she?
I love the Interview with English Learner , I hope can do it soon 😛
Thank you 🙂 I’d be happy to do that eventually. It would be an honour to talk to my #1 commenter!