I ramble about the important and relevant topic of smartphone addiction and how smartphones can be used to learn English, as well as some of my ideas on how to reduce smartphone usage is a.. smart way!
Using Your Phone to Learn English
Here’s a summary of a few things I spoke about
- Ultimately, do whatever you find helpful and useful
- Personally, I will use a dictionary app occasionally, but rarely study on my phone besides podcasts
- Some apps will give you the feeling of progress even through there are much better things you can be doing.
- Don’t be tricked by the attractive and colourful designs
- Consider using social media for immersion (like making your Instagram followers all English!)
- Be sure to incorporate what you learn on phones into real-life speaking practice
- To take someone off guard (04:43) – To surprise someone when they’re not expecting it
- Right off the bat (7:55) – In the first moment, right away
- Twitch (17:36) – An uncontrollable muscle spasm (when a muscle in your body moves or shakes on its own)