Introverts & Extroverts
In this episode, I look at the difference between introverts, extroverts and ambiverts. We then go over some key features of each personality type while looking at lots of useful vocabulary.
Which are you?
- Look at life from the inside out.
- Gain energy through inner reflection and solitude.
- Get more excited by ideas than by external activities.
- Prefer a few deep, close relationships to many casual ones.
- Feel tired and drained after socializing, even if you enjoyed it.
- Listen well and expect others to do the same.
- Think first and talk later.
- Express yourself well in writing.
- Read more about what it means to be an introvert.
- Be primarily interested in and concerned with the external world.
- Gain energy from socializing and being “out and about.”
- Find your energy is depleted when you spend too much time alone.
- Prefer talking with someone rather than sitting alone and thinking.
- Think as you speak.
- Express yourself well verbally.
- May seem “always on the go.”
- May come across as confident, friendly, and assertive.
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up
6 thoughts on “#199 Introverts and Extroverts”
Hi Micheal! This is kind of off-topic 🙏but your recent episodes are not available in China 🥲 Could you add audio files to the shownotes pages for future episodes so that we could listen to them again? I would really appreciate it.
Hi Robin. I’m so sad to hear that! Have you tried all platforms? Check this page to find them all: https://levelupenglish.buzzsprout.com/share
If Apple Podcasts doesn’t work, perhaps Spotify does?
And as for your question, I already include the audio files on all shownotes pages. Is your browser blocking them? It should be right at the top underneath the banner image.
I’ll contact the podcast host and see if there’s anything that can be done though.
Other platforms are blocked here, and I don’t see the audio file on any of my devices. I’ll try to get a vpn later on maybe. Thank you anyway!
I’ve looked into it a little bit and it seems that this isn’t something I can control, unfortunately. It seems to be blocked for all of China and is caused by local censorship. I really hope it won’t last forever!
I enjoyed with your topic today! I didn’t feel the passage of time!
To be honest I’m between introvert and extrovert It’s depends on my mood actually and who I spend time with, but usually l tend to introversion.
I like to go to the coffee shop alone, shopping and driving in my car.
On the other hand I’m okay talk with strangers.
And I would say thank you for clarifications of personality type and psychological problems.
I know the difference between them but a lot of people don’t know that.
Thank you again for all your efforts for helping us to learn and I hope your future podcast is interesting like this!☹️❤️
Hi Abeer. That’s a great compliment! Thank you. It sounds like you’re a bit of an ambivert too! Maybe the best of both worlds. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you’ll join me for many more episodes in the new year too 🙂