In this episode, we’re taking a deep dive into Blue Zones – 5 areas around the world where people live a long time with great health.
I’ll be sharing my uneducated views on why this might be, but also looking at the Power 9 – 9 reasons why researchers believe life expectancy is so long in these places.
For those of you who want to learn some new English along the way, I’ll also be trying my best to include some dependant prepositions and their phrases too. I’ll explain more about this in the episode.
Don’t forget to join in the conversation in the comments below.
The 5 Blues Zones
- Nuoro Province, Sardinia, Italy
- Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica
- Icaria, Greece
- Loma Linda, California
The Power 9
Here are 9 key factors to longevity in the Blue Zones according to researchers. I’ve also included some Dependant Prepositions.
- Making movement a natural part of your day
- Knowing your sense of purpose
- Prioritising stress relief (when you get annoyed with someone, stop and think why?)
- Eating until you’re about 80% full
- Eating a largely plant-based diet (there many advantages to eating a plant-based diet)
- Drinking alcohol in moderation (the attitude towards alcohol in the Blue Zones is interesting)
- Connecting with your community (People that can count on each other)
- Putting family (whether biological or chosen) first
- Choosing social circles that support healthy behaviours
What changes can you make in your life to improve health and longevity?