For the past month, I’ve been living in Japan and trying my best to speak Japanese every day. I’ve been thinking so much about language immersion and I want to share some things on my mind regarding English language learning.
Immersion When Travelling
- Planning a trip to the UK (or another English-speaking country) is a great way to motivate you to study harder!
- Put yourself in situations where you have to use the language (such as joining clubs, yoga classes, meditation group, getting a haircut…)
- Don’t be afraid to talk to strangers! Strangers = friends
- Confidence in English will change each day. Don’t worry about it.
- Your first interaction of the day will often set the tone or mood for the rest of the day – so make the first interaction a positive one.
Immersion at Home
Do you have any advice that you think I missed? Let me know in the comments below.