Finding an English Teacher
As a language learner and English teacher, I can say that having an online teacher or partner is one of the best things you can do for your English. Today I explain how you can get one.
I have been making this podcast for free every week for 1 year, and it does cost me money.
If you are interested in…
Getting online language lessons
Supporting this podcast to continue
..then please consider signing up to italki using this link and claiming your credit. Thanks 🙂
Tips to Help In Your Online Lessons
- You won’t match with everyone. Just like making friends, sometimes personalities just don’t match. You need to find a teacher who is suitable for you.
- Tell the teacher exactly what your goals are so they can help you to the best of their ability.
- Teachers are nervous too! They are here to help and will not judge you for your English or anything else. We’re all human!
- Ask your teacher to write down any new words or phrases that you cover in the lesson. After the lesson, be sure to study them in the way you prefer.
4 Ideas for Lessons
- Share your vocabulary list of the week with your teacher and they will help you talk about it.
- Spend the lesson going through some difficult grammar points that you’ve encountered in the week
- Have a free conversation, but ask your teacher to point out any pronunciation or grammar difficulties that you can address while you talk.
- Simply let the teacher analyse what area you need to improve in the most and they will be able to design a lesson that’s suited for you.
Have you had online lessons before? How were they?
If not, what’s stopping you from finding a teacher?
Share your answers in the comments below.