Rob (from English with Rob) joined me for a conversation on today’s episode. He’s from the UK and we spoke about a variety of topics covering teaching, the idea of Britishness, making learning English fun and much more!
- 3:26 – Rob’s first online lesson
- 7:42 – Rob’s introduction
- 10:39 – Turning a passion into a job
- 17:14 – Living in Germany
- 19:10 – Does Rob speak German?
- 21:05 – English could be harder!
- 23:53 – Has a knowledge of language helped your teaching?
- 28:44 – Britishness
- 32:42 – Fish and chips
- 36:06 – How would you describe your teaching philosophy?
- 40:15 – How can learners make learning fun?
- 44:27 – Rob’s embarrassing moments or funny mistakes in language
- 47:36 – Where to find Rob & Become his student?
Expressions from the Episode
- 13:29 – “It’s nigh impossible” = Nearly, near
- 18:16 – I’m leaning that way as well = To begin to think or believe a certain thing
- 18:21 – Hip = Cool, Trendy | Vibe = Feeling, atmosphere of a place
- 19:25 – I should practise what I preach = To match your actions with the advice you give people
- 20:06 – To hit a brick wall = To suddenly stop making progress in an area and reach an impassable place
- 23:24 – It’s not my cup of tea = I don’t like it
- 31:15 – Scowl = To make an angry face at someone
- 32:26 – My heart was beating out of my chest = My heart was beating really fast
- 41:54 – It rings true = It seems true
- 45:00 – Cocky = Arrogant
Where to Find Rob
“If you really want to learn, you have to be proactive”
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up