Selene (from English Bootcamp Circle) kindly joined us for a conversation about English learning today. We spoke about teaching English to children, the distinction between a teacher and a coach, common questions that English learners have, and much more!
One of my favourite things that Selene said was: You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be clear.
- 5:02 – Selene’s Introduction
- 8:01 – Why do so many English teachers live in Japan?
- 12:05 – Growing up bilingual & Raising bilingual children
- 18:53 – Online learning vs Classroom
- 22:26 – Coach vs Teacher
- 28:43 – My mistake with Japanese
- 32:01 – How can learners have more language output?
- 35:44 – Why questions do students ask the most?
- 40:49 – Embarrassing language & cultural mistakes
- 48:32 – Selene’s favourite idioms
- 50:02 – Where to find Selene and goodbyes
Expressions from the Episode
6:30 – The best of both worlds = To have the benefits from two different things
40:49 – To dabble in something = To try something a little bit but not get too involved
Where to Find Selene
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up