Molly is a Mandarin Chinese teacher from China and teaching in the UK. She joins me today to talk about her experience as a teacher in England. You can find her on Instagram.
- 1:45 – Molly’s Introduction
- 3:37 – Overview of British school ages
- 7:25 – Are there English lessons in UK schools?
- 9:26 – Is homework important?
- 11:17 – School lunches & food
- 15:19 – School trips
- 18:41 – Why do they separate boys and girls?
- 23:34 – What are the exam grades?
- 24:54 – School for foreign students
- 26:51 – Have you ever given students a lower mark than they deserved?
- 28:31 – Is it stressful to make a speech in lessons?
- 30:03 – What if you don’t know the answer to a student’s question?
- 33:11 – Do you have a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit?
- 34:20 – How will schools change after coronavirus?
Join Level Up English
Sign up to Level Up English to access online courses and join our global learning community.Sign Up
6 thoughts on “#61 Schools in the UK – With Teacher Molly”
I love your podcast so much
could you get a look at the Spotlight English podcast and do like them because the transcript I prefer it to be on the same page to translate
Thanks for the feedback. I’m currently redesigning the Level Up English website and I’ll consider this for the update!
I think you did more than 61 episodes, why the website doesn’t show me more.
The podcast was rebranded to The Level Up English Podcast. If you click on the “Podcast” button at the top of the page, it should redirect you to the new website. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.
Hi Michael, could you do a podcast talking about English phonemes, how to learn to read or practice them or talk about it in level up english. I don’t know what the correct way to learn them is, trying to hear a word and imitate the sound, or learning each phoneme separately. Which dictionary is recommended to practice vocabulary? 🙁
Those are all good questions and I’m happy to receive your request! I’m certainly not an expert when it comes to pronunciation and phoneme teaching, but I’m slowly learning more. I’ll definitely consider doing a podcast and Level Up content on this in the future, but I’ll need to do some research first. Hopefully I can make something useful. Thanks, Debb!